What to do if you have a claim
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability.
- Notify the police immediately if any of your property is lost, stolen or vandalised.
- Contact DSHI as soon as possible for advice on the process and the next steps to take. We may ask you to complete a claim form.
- Give us the information we ask for to support your claim.
- Provide any assistance we request.
- If the claim is for contents items, you may need proof of ownership.
- Provide any communication from a third party or their representative if they are making a claim against you or any legal documents that relate to the incident.
What not to do if you have a claim
- Do not admit fault.
- Do not offer to pay anything.
- Except for emergency repairs (refer to your policy or ring DSHI) do not commence any repairs before contacting us and receiving approval.
- Do not delay in contacting us to advise of a claim.
You can contact us by phoning 1300 552 662 (24 hours or emergencies) or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (we will respond during normal business hours). Please provide your name, policy number and brief details of the damage. One of our claims advisers will call you as soon as possible.