What to do if you have a claim
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability.
- Notify the police immediately if any of your property is lost, stolen or vandalised.
- Contact DSHI as soon as possible for advice on the process and the next steps to take. We may ask you to complete a claim form.
- Give us the information we ask for to support your claim.
- Provide any assistance we request.
- If the claim is for contents items, you may need proof of ownership.
- Provide any communication from a third party or their representative if they are making a claim against you or any legal documents that relate to the incident.
What not to do if you have a claim
- Do not admit fault.
- Do not offer to pay anything.
- Except for emergency repairs (refer to your policy or ring DSHI), do not commence any repairs before contacting us and receiving approval.
- Do not delay in contacting us to advise of a claim.
You can contact us via any of the following:
Phone: 1300 552 662 (24 hours or emergencies)
Online: Complete our claim form
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org include your name, policy number and brief details of the damage.
We will contact you within 2 working days to provide your claim number and progress your claim. At times of high-claim volumes, it may take us longer than 2 days. Remember, if its an emergency, call us on 1300 552 662.