Building insurance Call us for a quote on 1300 552 662
Defence Service Homes has developed a home building policy that provides wide cover together with the care you want and deserve. It’s peace of mind that you can depend on.
We reduce the risk of under insurance by estimating the replacement cost of your home for you. We also include an amount to cover those extra expenses you may incur if you have to rebuild such as temporary accommodation, demolition costs and extra costs related to re-building. Click here to use the DSHI building replacement cost calculator or ask one of our staff to assist you.
Who can insure?
You may be eligible to insure your home with the Defence Service Homes Insurance Scheme if you are an Australian Veteran, a serving member, a war widow, a widower or a peacekeeper that is entitled to:
- a loan under the Defence Service Homes Act 1918, whether or not you have accessed the loan or paid it out
- benefits under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986
- the Defence Service Homes Home Support Loan, or have
- subsidy under the Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme (Act) 2008, whether you use the entitlement or not
- a loan under the Defence Force (Home Loans Assistance) Act.
If you are not eligible for Defence Service Homes Insurance Scheme (DSHI) building insurance but you serve the veteran or ADF communities then DSHI can arrange a home building policy through QBE (Australia)
Defence Service Homes Insurance (DSHI) was established in 1919 and has a strong track record of providing quality insurance products that meet the needs and interests of our policy holders.
Our building insurance offers comprehensive insurance with economical premiums, and a range of other benefits that makes it different to most other policies on the market.
Benefits of our building insurance at a glance
- broad cover including flood and accidental damage;
- value for your money
- no excess on claims, other than for earthquake damage and some accidental damage;
- a statement of your sum insured, so you know you are fully covered;
- immediate cover so you are protected straight away;
- flexible payment options;
- plain English policies so you know exactly what we cover;
- friendly and helpful service so we can help solve your insurance problem.
Money back guarantee
If you are not totally satisfied with our insurance, you can cancel your contract up to 14 days after you receive it and get a full refund of any premium you have paid.
Note: Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement before making any decisions about the product.